The Historic Cafes Route is pleased to welcome the Portuguese Historic Cafés Association (est 2014) counting 23 emblematic Cafés.
Vitor de Sá Marques, President of the Portuguese Association, manager of the Santa Cruz iconic Café in Coimbra and Ambassador of HCR in Portugal, has signed accession to the HCR, on behalf of the Association, which includes 23 Cafés members in different Portuguese cities.
It is, indeed, a great pleasure for HCR to welcome these 23 Historic Cafes of Portugal. We are confident that their presence strengthens our European joint effort to highlight and support the importance of Historic Cafes as places which have for centuries been contributing to social interaction, culture and contacts between citizens from different social classes, origins, color or religion.
Please note that the Portuguese Historic Cafés Association, Café Santa Cruz and the Historic Cafés Route will co-organize a Historic Cafés meeting on the 20th and the 21st of May 2022, in Coimbra.
The list of the 23 Historic Cafés members of the Portuguese Historic Cafés Association:
- Café Santa Cruz – Coimbra
- Café A Brasileira – Braga
- Café Vianna – Braga
- Café Milenario – Guimaraes
- O Tecto de Mercurio – Guimaraes
- Café Sao Goncalo – Amarante
- Pastelaria Gomes – Vila Real
- Majestic Café – Porto
- Café Guarany – Porto
- Café Aviz – Porto
- Café Piolho – Porto
- Café Paraiso – Tomar
- Café Nicola – Lisboa
- A Brasileira do Chiado – Lisboa
- Pastelaria Benard – Lisboa
- Café Martihno da Arcada – Lisboa
- Confeitaria Nacional – Lisboa
- Pasteils de Belem – Lisboa
- Pastelaria Versailles – Lisboa
- Café Alentejano -Portalegre
- A Cadeia Quinhentista – Estremoz
- Café Arcada – Evora
- Café Calcinha – Loule