The Board of Directors of Historic Cafés Route approved on January 16th the applications of 11 Historic Cafés of Portugal that are joining HCR as new members. The 11 Cafés are also members of the Portuguese Historic Cafés Association, in which Vitor de Sa Marques is President.
After the approval, Portugal is represented in HCR by 21 (in total) Historic Cafés.
HCR President, Angela Drakou welcomed the new members underlining the importance of Portugal in the European tangible and intangible heritage. “It is a great pleasure to have these emblematic Cafés in HCR” Mrs. Drakou stated.
HCR is also co-organizing an event with the Historic Cafés Association of Portugal May 2023, on the occasion of the centenary of Café Santa Cruz as well as of the centenary of two more Historic Cafés of Portugal, Café Majestic in Porto and Pastelaria Versailles in Lisbon. In this event, a certification ceremony is also planned.
Let it be noted that the 11 new Cafés of Portugal are scattered in the country:
Three of them are on the islands of Azores in the Atlantic Ocean, two more in Lisbon, two in Braga, one in Porto, one in Setebul, one in Amarante and one in Caldas da Raihna.
- Peter Café Sport – Ilha do Faial/Horta/Azores
- Café Internacional – Ilha do Faial/Horta/Azores
- Athanásio Pastelaria – Ilha Terceira/Azores
- Café Martihno da Arcada – Lisbon
- Café Nicola – Lisbon
- Café “A Brasileira” – Braga
- Café Vianna – Braga
- Café “A Brasileira” – Porto
- Pastelaria Regional Cego – Setubal
- Café Bar Restaurante Sao Concalo – Amarante
- Café Central Caldas da Rainha – Caldas da Rainha