Historic Cafes Route is pleased propose to you to discover the jewelry of a large area of Romania as a first step to multiple proposals for an alternative tourism, exploring Historic Cafes, Museums, Castles, Nature and much more!
You are invited to choose between three different “city breaks” in Transylvania, Romania and why not, a full week for a longer trip.
Historic Cafes Route in collaboration with our Ambassador in Romania, Arnold Klingeis and with the support of Baltic Way Ltd propose to unveil the tangible and intangible heritage, our past and our beauties.
As a first proposal, we start by “City Break Sibiu”. Sibiu, is a well preserved fortified medieval town in central Romania, situated in the historical region of Transylvania.
Sibiu was -among others- designated the European Capital of Culture in 2007 and also hosted the 9th Cultural Routes Annual Advisory Forum in 2019 (2-4 October).
- Medieval towns Sibiu and Brasov
- Balea Lake in Fagaras Mountains
- Bran Castle– inspiration for Dracula’s Castle
- Carta Cistercian Monastery – European Route of Cistercian Abbeys
- Historic Cafes (members and friends)
HCR members and friends included in the City Break:
- Max-The Original – Historic Cafes Route
- Pardon Café – Historic Cafes Route
- Brukenthal Palace – Historic Cafes Route
- Balea Lake Chalet – Historic Cafes Route
- CH9 Specialty Coffee – Inspiratio – Historic Cafes Route
- La Vatra Ardealului – Historic Cafes Route
- Queen Marie’s Tea House – Bran Castle – – Historic Cafes Route
For bookings follow the link: Baltic Way Ltd
For more information please read the following program – Alternatively you can see the pdf of “City Break Sibiu” HERE.