Member of HCR
During more than a century of operation, the company has established itself as an ambassador of great cold pastries in Europe.
Remembered for being the oldest ice cream parlor in Piedmont and one of the very first in Northern Italy, La Gelati Pepino was founded in 1884 by Domenico Pepino, an ice cream maker from Naples. On 17 June 1916 Pepino sold the brand and the recipes to the two entrepreneurs Giuseppe Feletti and to Giuseppe Cavagnino, who renewed the company and enlarged the laboratory. Pepino also supplied the royal family.
In 1939, the company invented and patented the famous “Pinguino®” the world’s first chocolate covered gelato on a stick (Patent No. 58033). It is still produced with the same passion, in 5 different flavors.
The flagship location for Gelati Pepino is the historic “Gelateria Pepino” in Piazza Carignano – the location that saw the birth of Italy – in the baroque heart of Turin. The restaurant has established itself not only for the sale of artisanal gelato, but also for dining, cocktails, breakfast and catering.