- HCR publishes the nominations for the 2024 election’s Board of Directors in the order in which the candidacy letter arrived in the official email of the Route.
- The candidates with a short text present their views, ideas and strategy.
Dear HCR members,
My name is Arnold Klingeis and I am the HCR Ambassador for Romania.
I am a candidate for the Board of Directors, for the HCR elections to be held March 2nd.
I had the opportunity to represent as mayor the town of Avrig, therefore I do have valuable knowledge of the European financial programs (such as INTERREG, Horizon 2020 for example) and strong relations with regional, national, and international bodies.
My vision for the Historic Cafes Route is concrete and spreads to 4 main pillars:
– the promotion of the intangible and tangible cultural heritage of the Historic Cafes, through joint events and joint publications
– the promotion of cultural tourism, through the creation of alternative cultural touristic programs
– the promotion of Historic Cafes to the youth and local communities through publications and special events
– the cooperation with other Cultural Routes Certified by the Council of Europe, as well as the cooperation with local and national bodies.
– to develop a coffee quality trademark on HCR for sustainable coffee producers and design travel programs to coffee producing countries to promote ECO-friendly and sustainable tourism to some of the poorest countries in the world, were coffee is produced.
Already, the Historic Cafes Route has created important Cooperation Agreements with other Cultural Routes Certified by the Council of Europe. What we need to do is to give an important follow-up to this first steps. This will strengthen HCR collaboration and bring more members and partners to our Route.
Our HCR Romania team has designed a cultural tourism product, the travel offer was launched internationally on 17 January 2024 at Brukenthal Palace in Avrig, please see the live-stream link on HCR Facebook, that concerns Romania as winter destination and promotes the Culture of Historic Cafes, as well as the most important cultural reference points of the country. This product should be gradually extended to every country that has Historic Cafes as members and other Cultural Routes members, willing to be promoted within HCR travel programs. This will generate money to cover operational costs of our route and will give HCR a concrete future by implementing the vision and mission statement “Cultural Routes FOR Cultural Tourism”designed by the Council of Europe, at Sibiu International CR Forum in 2019.
Of course, we must not forget the protection and promotion of cultural heritage, tangible and intangible. We should present this “living” heritage in print, publications, and common, glamorous significant events.
The participation of the Historic Cafes Route in exhibitions, Conferences, and seminars is also important. Historic Cafes Route should be present and active.
My dear friends and colleagues,
We are all related to emblematic Historic Cafes and we know the treasure that our establishments hold, so we need to join forces to become a strong and very successful route of the Council of Europe as we represent direct with the nature of our members the infrastructure (cafes, restaurants, hotels) to implement the amazing vision for the Cultural Routes.
Having studied the conditions of the Council of Europe regarding the certified Routes and aiming at a high-level development of the “Historic Cafes Route”, I invite you to honor me with your vote in the elections of March 2.
I will invite you soon to form together the team for the Board of Directors as well as the technical team for the next 5 years of Historic Cafes Route future!
Thank you very much!
Best regards from Romania,